Monday, July 14, 2008

Tex-Mex Meatloaf

Tex-Mex Meatloaf

Serves 6. Core Recipe or 4 points per serving.

1 1/2 lbs hamb. (5 % fat or less)
1/2 c. FF salsa (divided)
1 egg white
1 tsp. chili pwd.
1 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. ground cumin (which I normally don't like)
3/4 tsp. salt
1 C. shredded FF Cheddar Cheese (I only use the FF on my portion, because it is more expensive, everyone else gets regular)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine hamb. 1/4 C. salsa, egg white and seasonings. Mix. Transfer half of the mixture to baking pan or muffin tins. Top with cheese (if using loaf pan-leave 1/2 inch border around edges without cheese). Spoon remaining hamb mixture over top. Spread top with remaining salsa. Bake muffin tins 30-35 min or loaf 65-70 min. Meat thermometer should read 160. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cut loaf into 6 slices. My book says that you can also use pico de gallo instead of salsa, just make sure it is FF. I added this to my regular recipes (not just my Weight Watchers Recipes). Taken from Weight Watchers Pure Comfort Book.

No comments: