Friday, August 15, 2008

Grilled Salsa Chicken

Core, OR 3 points per serving (with cabbage, add extra poionts for rice)
Serves 4
Taken from Weight Watchers My TurnAround Program Cookbook. P 126. Grilled Chicken with Salsas

1/2 C. FF Tomatillo Salsa (I could only find Salsa Verde, which I'm not sure if it's the same)
1/2 C. FF Tomato Salsa (hot, med or mild)
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1/8 tsp ground cumin
4 (1/4 lb.) boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
4 cups shredded green or red cabbage
OR Brown Rice

Combine the salsas, onion, orange zest and cumin in a ziploc baggie. Add the chicken. Put in fridge for 20 min. Remove chicken from marinade, shake off as much marinade as possible. Grill chicken on George Forman Grill or in a skillet over med heat (about 250 degrees). Cook until done about 10-12 min. Bring marinade to a boil in a separate pan. Boil for 2 min. Remove marinade from heat. Shred chicken and add to marinade. Reheat all and serve over steamed or raw cabbage. Can buy coleslaw mix (cabbage) to be faster.

I served mine over rice instead. I thought it was really good. Hubby thought it was okay, but not his favorite. I did not shred chicken and I liked it, but next time I will try shredding it. I would like to try it with hot salsa, instead of mild. Could also serve with noodles, or just as a main dish. I think next time I will double the marinade, so I have more to serve over the top.

No comments: